Loading...

Our Story

Burkhead-Green-Kilgo Funeral Home has been serving the Charlotte area community for many years. We’re thankful to be an important part of this community and will continue our longstanding legacy of helping families honor their loved ones.

 


 

Our Beginnings

The Burkhead Funeral Home was established in Olivet in 1909, by Maurice D. Burkhead. Originally it operated as a furniture business/funeral home. After his passing in 1935, his son M Donald took over, and in 1941, M Donald and wife Irma expanded the business by moving to Charlotte. In 1957, Gordon Cheney returned to Charlotte and joined M Donald to form the Burkhead-Cheney Funeral Home. In January of 1968, M Douglas purchased the business from his father and Mr. Cheney. He along with his wife Marguerite operated the funeral home until 1980, when Charles and LeAnn Green purchased the business.

Burkhead-Green-Kilgo Funeral Home
Phone: (517) 543-3160
206 W. Lawrence Ave., Charlotte, MI


© Burkhead-Green-Kilgo Funeral Home
Supported by SRS Computing and TA